The American Electoral System is a modified form of democracy in itself. The people have become used to the system after 200 years and they are satisfied with how it works.
In my country of birth Nigeria one is constantly worried about the nature of the politics. Nigeria’s politics is a disgrace to humanity. It is depicted by lack of common sense and it does not serve the purpose for which it is intended.
Nigeria’s politics is bloody and deadly. It raises violent men and women and suppresses intellectualism.
Nigeria became an independent country in 1960 and since then it has been from grace to grass politically because someone fools and idiots ran the show using violence, arson and aggression.
In very worrying situations, intellectuals have been part of this worrying politics.
It is so sad because Nigerians are not ready or willing to change their violent democratic principles.
Check out this joke on facebook:
IF USA WAS NIGERIA, TODAY’S HEADLINES WILL READ:
•Don’t celebrate yet, Romney tells Obama (TELL magazine)
•Concede defeat, Obama urges Romney (Punch newspaper)
• 20 opposition cadres riot (The Sun newspaper)
• Romney Demands Vote Recount (Vanguard newspaper)
• Elections rigged (Guardian newspaper)
• No evidence of manipulation (NTA news)
• The Church declares elections free and fair (News Line)
• There will be violence if we lose; Romney declares (LTV 8 news)
• Election results for Arizona awaited (Channels news)
• Trucks with suspected ballot papers crosses into USA from Mexico (Tribune newspaper)
• Romney is an opportunist – Go back to your farm (AIT news)
• I will not accept results, Romney tells Obama (STV news)
• McCain heads to Election Petition Tribunal (MITV)
• White Majority rejects results (PM News)
• Kenyan Big Boy Senator Obama Throws Lavish Party to celebrate Election Victory (City People)
• Free for all fight at Obama rally in Grant Park (Channels TV)
• Northern elders, Arewa and Sultan rejects results (ThisDay)
• Republicans and Democrats supporters clash in Ketu and Ajangbadi, 14 dead, Romney threatens more heads will roll. (Sahara Reports)
• The people behind Obama’s victory: True story uncovered (Newswatch)
Funny. But Let’s Be Objective This Would Have Been The Report If USA Was Nigeria.
Food For Thought.
Learn And Change (likely source, ENVOY MAG facebook page)
These imaginary headlines are so true and sad.
Nigeria will not have a free and fair election in the nearest future because the political structures are weak and the system of government is very sickling.
True federalism is needed and there is an urgent need to take power away from the center.
The people of Nigeria actually need a referendum to decide on the future of the British creation. This is why Biafra will never go away no matter how much it is suppressed by the reigning gangsters in Abuja.
The poverty in Nigeria is tied to the recklessness of the political status quo that promotes nepotism and total corruption. Total corruption is the state where almost everything in a system is corrupt and where the mentality of attaining sufficiency and happiness are tied to malpractice and ills rather than common good. This is the situation in Nigeria and it is very sad.
If this generation is too cowardly and too corrupt to make the radical changes, I am convinced that one generation in the future (no matter how long it takes) will make it right. It will never be too late to catch up with the rest of the world if the world doesn’t end today.